Monday, February 14, 2011

Holland

So, allot of people who are commenting on my blog, are intrested in the weed in Holland. Now, as you probabibly guessed, I like the weed. But I will dedicate my passion at the end of this read.

What's Holland also known for? Well as LittleGiantBomb (add me on twitter btw: Dristhi741, send you a tweet, but got no response, didn't know if your read it) mentioned, we as Dutch guys love the cheese and "drop". So what is that? "Drop" can I ask the people who're not from the Netherlands to pronounce this word out loud? My translation site translates it to: liquorice extract don't know if that gets you any further. Wait, let's put an image to give you an idea what it is.

So, that's "Drop". And you probably all know what cheese is, and I love it!

What's more in Holland, besides the weed and the cheese & drop? Maybe we're famous for our Soccer (or as I like to call it: Football) team. This year we even reached the finals. Maybe you all witnessed that game. Hope not, it was imbarrasing because of the hard play by the "Oranje Leeuwen (Orange Lions)". Especially by Nigel the Jong of course. I pitty it every day that we didn't win that game, because I was in my city where I go to college, watching the game with a lot of other students in a bar, could have been one hell of a night, but too bad. Because we lost, I went to go and smoke some weed with a friend of mine.

That's a nice starter for the part about weed: first of all, I'm so glad I was born in the Netherlands, but not only because you can get your weed everywhere, smoke it at home and it still isn't illegal, there are more things in Holland which you can enjoy (maybe I'll get to those one day). But weed: yeah it's incredible. I'm not an addict, but I smoke it often. Most of the times with my roommate, playing FIFA '11 and can't stop laughing, sometimes I smoke it with my friends from my birthtown, then I argue all the time about stupid things who don't even matter. But it's fun tough.

So weed, why is weed so beloved? Because it chills you out, because you don't give a crap about what you have to do all day, it takes away your worries and makes everything pretty and funny. That's why. I'm not suggesting everybody should smoke weed day in day out, but if you want to try so: go ahead, it's nice!

Hope the comments can get me started for my next story.

Feel free to comment about my English, I hope it's oke, but when people point out my faults I wont do them again.

Cheers

52 comments:

  1. I've been to Holland once, but I was too young then so I couldn't buy weed T_T

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be addictive and disruptive with long-term use. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man Ive never seen weed like that, looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Holland!
    Especially the red light destict, lol :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm from Holland too! I like the legal weed

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least we can agree that cheese is delicious.

    And your English is fine, a few little mistakes but nothing too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well im from mexico so "legal" things in here aint a issue

    ReplyDelete
  8. weed is legit sometimes, i'm not a hardcore smoker like most of my friends... good post!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you guy weed from stores/shops in Netherlands, or do you have to get it through dealers but law enforcemens just dont care?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like I need to visit Holland :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaah yes..other things that are "Legal" but are illegal in the USA..prostitution for example. I love how the Netherlands doesn't make illegal "victimless" crimes such as prostitution. (Both parties are involved in a choice in entering the deal more often than not) and it being legal for the woman to enter the business herself, eliminates any need for pimps, therefore lowering the violence against them and others.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never heard of drop. That's really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really interesting blog post, Holland is an awesome country! Also, you're english is pretty good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know a few people who would LOVE to live in holland lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haven't the rules of going to Holland changed?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holland... greatest place on earth

    ReplyDelete
  17. ive never smoked weed but almost all my friends do so i know a lot about it. cool post. lots of info

    ReplyDelete
  18. cool, you seem like an awesome guy

    ReplyDelete
  19. We have licorice in the US, which I'm assuming is the same as drop, but I don't know many people (besides my grandmother) that actually enjoys eating it. I guess people here like their candy bars or something.

    ReplyDelete
  20. well man i'm uk and well i have toked weed over here jsut for when you want to chill put some house music on and just go with the flow

    ReplyDelete
  21. i wana try that shit sooo dark n yummy

    ReplyDelete
  22. your english is great. I really want to travel to the netherlands and learn to speak dutch. What school do you go to?

    ReplyDelete
  23. i loved holland when i was there
    and ur english is good!

    ballandkicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice to finally hear about how it's like up there.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love to go to Holland for a few reasons, one of them certainly is the weed :) Keep up the good blogs!

    I wonder if I can get "drop" in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is so unfair, juz because you are born in some country it doesnt mean that you can enjoy your life. This is discrimination.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice post man, always wanted to go to Holland

    ReplyDelete
  28. one of these days i need to go to holland to check out these cheese and drops

    ReplyDelete
  29. goint to holland in 2 weeks, cant wait

    ReplyDelete
  30. Woot I live in holland :D
    Love Drop XD

    ReplyDelete
  31. I always dreamt about visiting Amsterdam ^^

    ReplyDelete
  32. Holland is awesome, except for Geert Wilders

    ReplyDelete
  33. had a chance to go to Amsterdam this year, but my sister is getting married the same weekend :(

    ReplyDelete
  34. I want to go to holland so much!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love bud too haha. come check out and take a look see at my blog about stoner music. i haven't had any bud from europe.

    ReplyDelete
  36. very jealous.. its awesome you live in holland i wouldnt want to live anywhere else

    ReplyDelete
  37. Honing drop & the picture drop are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  38. your english is actually pretty good! I cant want to go to holland in my travels!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hahaha makes me want to visit Holland. Followed! (Even though I prefer alcohol to weed lol)

    Follow me at
    http://finallytwenty-one.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete